Friday, September 23, 2011

Do audi cars have to be brought to the dealer or a special mechanic?

If i were to buy an audi. would i have to bring it to the dealer or special mechanic to get it repaired and if so is it more expensive than an average normal mechanic?|||No, but it's hard to find someone who actually knows how to fix them even though then say they can.|||Not every shop will work on an Audi, most will but not all.|||once the warranty is up i would not bring it to the dealer i would find a good European car mechanic its much cheaper than the dealer. i would NOT take it to just anyone though they have alot of special tools and many mechanics will simply put a pipe wrench to it an say good enough make sure they specialize in Audi VW BMW Mercedes and the like. As for do it yourself stuff there are always ppl willing to help on Audi world forums. dont let this scare you the cars are well worth the effort of finding a good mechanic and the extra cost of maintenance|||I bought my 1999 Audi A4 1.8T back in November 1998.





Audi's have awesome warranties, so I didn't need to actually pay for anything until a few years ago (I have very low mileage). I found a VW/Audi repair shop near my house that can service my car for a fraction of what the dealer charges.|||Yes, it would be slightly more expensive to bring it to the Audi mechanics. However, the people at the Audi dealership have experience, and know how to work with European cars; since this is the only car they work with. They will also know how to reset electronic indicators such as the "change oil" sign ETC.





But if you take care of your Audi, the only thing you will be bringing it in for is an oil change and maybe detailing. They are very efficient and quality cars and I would reccomend buying one. Also through experience, the warranty covers almost everything that could happen.|||I have went to several mechanics that wont do more to my audi than do an inspection! I have never taken my car to the dealer and I never plan on it, way too expensive!!! I like this audi/vw mechanic about an hour from my house, they have parts cars out back so I will pickup little things that go on my car. If im in a crunch there is a couple guys in town that will get the job done but I trust the vw guy's opinion.





Honestly I just had the vw place check out my car and since I am low on cash I went to www.autohausaz.com and bought the parts and will have my pops help me do it myself.


(example-control arm from vw garage=$220 which is less than the dealer for sure-----------control arm from autohaus=$90.)





and if you cant do this then find a guy that will use your parts but please research them and see if they deal with audi and that they have a good reputation and have been in business for a while.





If you can afford it though support your vw place, we need to keep them around. You could even ask if they will put in parts that you bought, at least they will get the labor.








good luck, hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment