Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How long for new audi with extras to be delivered?

We ordered an audi A3 with a few extras on 3rd October 2010 and was promised delivery 1st march when i telephoned to ask when they needed the money he said computers were down and would get back to me after many calls from me i got the sales manager who assures me that the car was ordered which i suspect it was not and delivery will be the end of June 2011. All i want is someone to be honest and say they have forgotten or is there just a delivery delay. Does anyone out there know how long they take.|||I have heard them taking that long. They build a few not ordered cars to make the showrooms look right but everything else is built to order I understand.|||It takes about 4-5 months.





I have bought a new BMW mid November 2010, and I will get it on 4th April 2011.





They told me that in January, they assess the order status for the current year and see how they can proceed with the production. It depends on the manpower they have at hand. In this business, there an enormous fluctuation, and if there are significant changes in the headcount, they're in trouble with the delivery.





But they also really are unfair when it comes to somebody showing up, paying cash for a brand new car with all the extras. Then, they do this client in between and you'll get the backlog in full blaze.





Audi and Mercedes do the same.|||I've heard (don't know if true) that because we have had an effective 20-30% devaluation (i.e Audi should have increased thier prices significantly to make same profit) cars to the UK don't make a profit as they can't increase prices.





As they are snowed out with orders from China etc. they ration RH drive cars and only make small batches at a time as they are unprofitable.





Know it doesn't help you but sounds somewhere near the truth!|||I'd go into the showroom and tackle the sales manager face to face. That's a long delay from 1 March to end of June! I don't think anyone can actually answer that for you on here; other than to say what their experience of ordering with Audi has been. Haven't had that experience personally either, other than to say my friend ordered a new Audi A3 convertible last year and had a similar experience of being fobbed off week after week until eventually the car turned up about two months late. I guess it's not too bad if you are part exing your existing car with them because you have a car available to you until the change happens, but if you've sold your car privately and had to part with it, you are without a car until Audi get their finger out and turn up with your new car. Whatever happens, personally I'd be cautious now I've heard of your experience too.

No comments:

Post a Comment