Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Where should I go to get an Oil Change for my Audi?

I have a 98' Audi A6 Quattro with 77,000 miles. I want to take it somewhere that I can TRUST. Suggestions?|||Read your owner's manual. It tells you very plainly that you must use oil that meets VW/Audi specification 402/405. What does that mean??? Read the label on the back of Mobil One 0W-40 oil. This meets the requirements. I Prefer ELF oil, but it is hard to find it sometimes locally. But your own GENUINE audi filters (or MANN filters, they're the same thing) and bring your OWN oil to a quick lube at closing and ask the technician there if he will change your oil for you for $15-20. Usually they will say "yes" because they are not using anything in their stock to account for, and it's "free"money. To the guy with the Mercedes going to quick lubes, "GET WISE"!!!!!! Never use drum oil or quicky oil that does not meet genuine Mercedes specifications. You are at risk, believe me. Mercedes has it's own specification numbers that MUST be met. GET WISE!!!!!!!|||Any oil change place will do. Just ask them to use synthetic oil and to please read the owner's manual to find out the capacity!!! You can also look in the owner's manual in the index under lubricants and/or capacities. I have a Mercedes and I take it to a quick lube place but I have made sure that they know that it holds 8.5 quarts. Chances are your Audi holds more than the standard vehicle. I would also buy the oil filter directly from the dealer only!! New Audi's might require Audi oil. If that's the case go to your local quick lube, ask if they will change your oil if you supply the oil and filter. Good luck|||Any place whose business is changing oil and doing grease jobs. They know what their business is.|||I go to an Audi dealer. They don't try to "sell" anything and do only the maintenance/repairs I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment