Sunday, September 18, 2011

How many miles can you put on a 2003 Audi A4?

I am interested in buying a 2003 Audi A4 Quattro V6 3.0L Automatic. It has 77000 miles on it. Was garaged and kept well maintenanced. I am not familiar with Audi. How long do these usually last? My other option would be to get a Honda Accord V6, which I trust to be very reliable in longevity. Any suggestions? Also, I am concerned about the Audi's fuel economy. What do these typically get in mpg (real life, not on paper)? Thanks!|||Buying an older used Audi was the best car decision I've ever made. Mine has 170,000 miles on it and is running as fine as a whistle! Just have to get regular oil changes with fully synthetic oil, Jiffy Lube charges $70 for that and you should do it every 3-5 months.





Oh, and my Audi gets great mpg. Usually about 28 mpg. I refuel at about 320 miles.





Getting them fixed isn't as bad as people say either. Audi's are know for a plastic piece cracking every 10 years or so in the coolant tubing. To fix that was only $150. That's the most I've had to invest in fixing it.





All the amenities are great as well! I promise you'd LOVE your Audi!|||77K on a 03 isn't bad. about 11K a year...





Also, audi's are very reliable. They have the best block in the business. I own 2 for my family right now and have no intentions of getting into any other cars. Fuel economy is right around 25-28mpg depending on how you drive. When I drive extremely conservative (ie popping into neutral on down hill etc...) which I only recommend w/a manual transimission I can hit the 31-33 mpg range. The most i've gone on a tank is 392 miles...





"MR. Kramer the ROAD!!!"





Anyways just make sure that they've had the timing belt, water pump, tensioners, cam seasl etc replaced since your right at the mark. IF they haven't I'd negotiate that out of the price if I could b/c you're looking at an extra 800-1200 bucks to get that done which it will need immediately!





Hope that helps|||Oh, and my Audi gets great mpg. Usually about 28 mpg. I refuel at about 320 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment