Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What is the expected life for an Audi A4?

I own an Audi A4 which I bought new in 2005. I am looking to write off it's depreciation using the straight line method and am wondering what the expected life of the car should be. Anyone know?|||Well it ALL depends on how the owner has taken care of the car...Assuming that the car was serviced properly, etc. Audi cars have been known to last a very long while


When I worked at Champion Audi, it was common to see some A4's come in with 200K+ miles on them...If you are trying to account for the cars depreciation, usually 5 years is the common approach...I mean you cannot really answer this question exactly|||Depends on how well you care for it. 200,000+ miles and 20 years is easily attainable. I've had late 80's model Porsche's with over 200K on the odometer that are still on the road with their current new owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment